1850 Sutter County Census Transcription by Page
Reels M432-36. Note: this transcriptions contains all persons listed in Sutter County during the 1850 Census. Spelling may not be accurate as old handwriting can be difficult to read, census takers wrote phonetically, and pages can be faded.
The following abbreviations are used:
The following columns were not used by the census taker and so have not been included:
- LN - Line Number
- DN - Dwelling-houses numbered in the order of visitation.
- FN - Families numbered in the order of visitation.
- NAME - The name of every person whose usual place of abode on the first day of June, 1850, was in this family.
- C - Color - Only denoted by the census taker if the person was Black.
- PROFESSION - Profession, occupation or trade of each male person over 15 years of age.
- VALUE - Value of real estate owned.
- BIRTH - Place of birth, naming the State, Territory or Country.
- Married within the year.
- Attended school within the year.
- Persons over 20 years of age who cannot read or write.
- Whether deaf and dumb, blind, insane, idiotic, pauper, or convict.