|Rory||b. 1855||d. 1958|
|Mary||b. 1859||d. 1936|
|Pat||b. Jun-25-1863||d. Oct-24-1934|
|William||b. 1864||d. 1918|
In 1864, the Board of Supervisors granted him a renewal of his ferry license for an additional ten years, during this time he constructed a road along the north side of the Pitt River between his two ferries and the McCloud River.
He was elected three times to the Office of County Surveyor on the Republican Ticket in 1868, 1872 and 1876.
Dr. Silverthorne was a guide for Livingston Stone, the head of the Baird Fish Hatchery, when they explored the Grey Rocks together in 1875. Dr. Silverthorne's name is carved inside the Baird Caves, now known as Shasta Caverns.
Lucy Silverthorne died December 8, 1910. Dr. Silverthorne died January 29, 1894, they are both buried in the Silverthorne Cemetery.
Dr. Silverthorne established the Silverthorne Cemetery on a flat place atop a hill about 400 yards from the ferry. At the completion of Shasta Dam, all the graves were moved to their present location at the Central Valley Indian Cemetery.
Source: Shasta Historical Society