Ida Laura Jepson was born April 2, 1875 in Onawa, Iowa. In 1880, John Jepson moved his family to Southern California; they were on the way to Oregon when they decided to settle in Shasta County.
The Parsons place was on Churn Creek and the children attended Pacheco
School and the Jepson ranch was on Stillwater Creek and the children attended
Olive School; there were schools about every five miles so children could
walk to school. Charles and Ida met at dances at a neighbors and were married
August 6, 1893. The couple had seven children:
|Myrle||b. July 26, 1894||d. July 28, 1894|
|C. Wayne||b. Sept. 10. 1895||d. March 14, 1977||m. Maude Kramer|
|Phyllis||b. Oct. 15, 1897||d. April 4, 1990||m. Roy F. Mark|
|Ray Kermit||b. Aug. 12, 1901||d. Nov. 13, 1996||m. Mayme Fisher|
|Margree Ida||b. April 9, 1904||d. Dec. 22, 1997||m. Hugh W. Smith|
|Lawrence||b. Sept. 4, 1907||d. Oct. 3, 1954||m. Melba Duncan|
|Vernon Lee||b. Feb. 26, 1911||m. Alede Stocker|
In 1917, during WWI, the Farm Bureau was started to improve farming methods and increase production. Charles and Ida both became active members. The whole family were active in the War effort; Charles sold Liberty Bonds, Lawrence and Vernon knitted mop rags using large wooden needles and coarse string, and though her intentions were good, the war was over before Margree finished knitting a pair of socks.
Charles died December 14, 1929; he had never enjoyed good health since a childhood bout with typhoid.
Ida sold the ranch and married Jess Leveroney in 1947. They moved to Red Bluff where she died June 6, 1967.
Source: Shasta Historical Society - May 1996