EDWARD G. FRISBIE, M.D., whose office is at No. 229 Geary street, San Francisco, is a native Californian, and a younger member of a family well-known in California as pioneers in the military as well as the medical history of the State. His uncle, General John B. Frisbie, who came to California in 1846 as an officer of Stevensonís regiment, and who with his father-in-law, General Vallejo and his brother, Dr. Levi C. Frisbie, were founders of the city of Vallejo, are among the most prominent and honored names in the history of California. Dr. Edward G. Frisbie is moving in the same direction, and has already made a reputation alike honorable to his own efforts and the name he bears.
His parents were Edward and Phoebe (Klink) Frisbie, natives of New York State, who came to this State in the early days of its history. His father engaged in farming near Vallejo until 1877, and is now and has been for some years president of the Bank of Northern California at Redding, Shasta county, where he originally purchased the Redding grant of 20,000 acres, which he has since sold in smaller tracts, Dr. E. G. Frisbie and his brothers having purchased the last 3,000 acres of the grant. Edward received his early education in the public schools at Vallejo, graduating at the high school of that city in 1877. He then spent two years farming on his fatherís ranch in Shasta. Entering the State University at Berkeley he spent one year, and then decided to enter upon medical studies. He then matriculated at the Medical College of the Pacific, now the Cooper Medical College, where after a three yearís course he graduated in 1882. He remained one year at the city and county hospital as interne or house physician, gaining an experience not to be had in private practice. Dr. Frisbie then engaged in private practice, which he has continued in San Francisco since that time. For two years he was assistant physician at the clinic of the Cooper Medical College. He is a member of the State Medical Society, and of the County Medical Society of San Francisco.
Source: "The Bay of San Francisco," Vol. 1, page 500,
Lewis Publishing Co, 1892.
Transcribed by Elaine Sturdevant